Azuqueca de Henares (Guadalajara), Spain
Logistics Warehouse with LEEDv4 Platinum certification
The high sustainability requirements together with the restriction of the stormwater discharge to the town sewer network, led to the use of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS) in this project which, being one of the largest logistics warehouses in Spain (98,800 m²) , is the first in Europe to obtain LEEDv4 Platinum certification (and the third worldwide). The proposed solution consisted of a series of buried infiltration-attenuation tanks, with a total volume of 3,700 m³, and treatment devices. With this design, runoff is attenuated, avoiding the overload of the existing network, and an adequate water quality water is guaranteed to allow for infiltration, avoiding pollution of the receiving environment.
- Technical support on conducting permeability tests in situ.
- Development of a rainfall study and selection of rainfall design event.
- Study of solutions for the stormwater management strategy, with the use of Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS).
- Detailed design and hydrological-hydraulic modelling of the selected attenuation / infiltration elements with the specialised MicroDrainage software.
- Drafting of the calculation Schedule.